Why study a Certificate of Communication with ECU Online?
Customise your study towards your career goalsBuild a graduate certificate that aligns with your career ambitions. Select from a variety of advanced and foundational units to enhance your communication skills in an area that interests you.
Designed by industry leadersUnlock course content that’s been developed by academics and nationally recognised industry experts in the field of communication. Benefit from ECU’s leading research that impacts policy and industry practice in social media and online communication, public relations, identity and cultural diversity.
People and purpose drivenPurpose and two-way listening are at the heart of successful communications. Become equipped with a distinct set of techniques and strategies to innovate, influence and lead communication in your workplace. Apply social responsibility, inclusive communication, creative and business communication principles to gain a competitive edge in your career.
Flexible, online delivery with ready-to-apply skillsFit your study to your schedule with our 100% online, accelerated course, where you will focus on one unit at a time over each seven-week study period. Be supported and build connections through our immersive online learning system. Apply your learnings to your career immediately.
Rankings and accreditations
2023 Good Universities Guide
ECU was rated five stars for Postgraduate Overall Experience.
QS World University Rankings Top 150 under 50
ECU has been listed in the QS Top 150 under 50 rankings for 2020.
2022 THE Young University Rankings
ECU has again been ranked in the world's top 100 universities under 50 years old.
What you will learn
Influence through effective strategy
- Become a change agent in your workplace.
- Acquire future-proof ethical and socially responsible digital communication techniques that can be immediately transferred to your career and future roles.
- Explore creative communication skills that deliver campaign objectives in a way that is accessible, inclusive and relevant to professional audiences.
Future-focused, applied learning
- Develop future-proof communication skills designed for the contemporary workforce.
- Learn how to navigate, design and synthesise solutions to complex challenges in communication including digital media communication, issues management and reputation management.
- Apply social responsibility and sustainability frameworks to effectively communicate and meet the needs of stakeholders.
Align communications with organisational goals
- Whether working for yourself or as part of an organisation, build commercial acumen and develop your understanding of how to best use communication techniques as a tool to achieve organisational objectives.
Fees and FEE-HELP
The cost of our Graduate Certificate of Communication is $10,800* for all 3 units.
To assist with some or all of your tuition fees, FEE-HELP is available for eligible students. This government-supported loan scheme is designed to help eligible full-fee paying students pay their postgraduate tuition fees.
To find out if you are eligible for FEE-HELP, you can contact one of our Student Enrolment Advisors on 1300 707 760.
*2024 student fees are shown and are subject to change.