Who should study ECU’s MBA?
ECU’s Accelerated Online Master of Business Administration is for current and aspiring leaders who want to gain a human-focused, transformational business mindset. This MBA is designed for students who want to successfully support individuals, teams and organisations in dynamic, complex environments.
Fast-track your MBA
Already have an Australian bachelor degree in Business or Commerce? You may be eligible to fast-track your MBA and finish in as little as 18 months. If you are eligible to fast-track your studies, you will only need to complete nine core units (180 credit points), without a specialisation. If you would like to find out more about eligibility criteria for a fast-tracked MBA, please refer to the Entry Criteria below and speak to a Student Enrolment Advisor.
Why study an MBA with ECU Online?
Focus on transformation and the human side of businessTransform your career, your team and your organisation through human-centred business practices. Dedicate yourself to your personal growth, gain practical skills and become a transformative leader who can enact change and harness the power of people.
Tailor your study to fit your careerChoose a three-unit specialisation in People and Culture, Project Management or Human Resource Management. Alternatively, study a combination of electives in diverse fields such as digital marketing, finance, cyber security and more.
Study with a top business schoolThe Business disciplines at ECU are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, which is synonymous with excellence in business education. Less than 6 per cent of the world’s schools offering business degree programs hold accreditation with AACSB International.
Accessible, flexible and acceleratedThis accessible, flexible course is accelerated and 100% online, so your study fits your busy schedule. Study one unit at a time over each seven-week study period.
Rankings and accreditations
2023 Good Universities GuideECU was rated five stars for Postgraduate Overall Experience.
2023 THE Subject RankingsECU has ranked in the top 250 universities in the world for Business and Economic studies.
AACSB International AccreditedThe Business disciplines at ECU are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
2022 AFR BOSS Best Business Schools list
ECU ranked as the #1 Business School for Quality.
What you will learn
- Learn to engage, support and empower individuals, teams and organisations.
- Develop the skills you need to manage relationships effectively.
- Understand and apply multiple leadership perspectives, including growth-oriented, supportive and inclusive approaches.
- Build high-performance teams and achieve organisational objectives.
- Explore your own capabilities, and drive positive transformation and change.
- Instigate the transformation needed in increasingly complex business environments.
- Develop a responsible business mindset as you examine contemporary challenges like sustainability and inclusion.
- Study contemporary theories of transformation to lead and navigate strategic change.
- Understand the value of data in the decision-making and transformation process.
- Solve authentic business problems with your Business Innovation Project.
Expertise across business functions
- Build the broad skillset required of leaders in contemporary organisations and be able to support a diverse range of business functions.
- Understand and leverage strategic marketing concepts.
- Analyse financial performance and risk from multiple perspectives.
- Leverage data analytics to make better-informed business decisions.
- Choose a specialisation or electives that align with your career objectives and interests.
Upon successfully completing the online MBA, you will have the skills and knowledge to succeed in a number of roles, depending on your prior experience. These roles can include:
- Senior Manager
- Project Manager
- Business Operations Manager
- General Manager
- Development Manager
- Managing Director
- Chief Strategy Officer
- Chief of Staff
- Chief Executive Officer
You will also be able to apply your skills in a variety of different fields, including construction, healthcare, education, entrepreneurship, energy and natural resources, and small business.
According to Payscale, the average base pay for a Managing Director in Australia is $156,000.
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a postgraduate degree that focuses on building the skills and knowledge required to succeed in contemporary business environments. It is a great option for students who want to take their career to the next level, gain a broad skillset and step up into leadership and management positions. An MBA can also be valuable for students who do not have prior business experience and want to expand their career options.
Studying an MBA online is a great way to pursue professional development without putting your career on hold. ECU’s 100% online accelerated MBA is designed to be flexible, so that you can work while you study and apply your new skills to your current role.
Studying an MBA can be challenging, but with our 100% online MBA, you will be supported every step of the way. You will be able to connect with engaged academics via our immersive online learning system and network with your peers. You will also have your own dedicated Student Success Advisor who is there to help you will all your non-academic enquiries. In addition, you will be able to connect with Learning Advisors who can help you with your study skills.
ECU’s accelerated online MBA consists of 12 units and can be completed in as little as 24 months. Students who are eligible for our Fast-Track option can complete their MBA in 18 months (see Entry Criteria for more information).
ECU’s 100% online MBA has been informed by the need for contemporary leaders with a holistic mindset. You will gain highly sought-after skills in transformation and human-centred business practices. With ECU, you will benefit from dedicated support and be able to progress your career while studying 100% online.
Yes, you can apply for our 100% online MBA without a bachelor’s degree, if you have at least five years of relevant professional experience, with at least three of those years at supervisory/management level. Reach out to one of our Student Enrolment Advisors for more information.