What is business psychology?
Business psychology combines the science of human psychology with practical business application to improve the work environment for employees, improve productivity in businesses and organise groups of people in companies.
Who should study ECU’s Master of Business Psychology?
ECU’s Accelerated Online Master of Business Psychology is designed for students with a background in business or psychology who want to enhance their specialist skillset and leverage business psychology in the workplace.
This degree will empower you to lead positive improvements to workplace culture and wellbeing. Apply your expertise to drive process changes that help people and organisations thrive.
Why study a Master of Business Psychology with ECU Online?
Stand out with a specialist skillsetBuild a future-focused, specialised expertise in business psychology and be at the frontier of workplace innovation.
Study with a top business schoolThe Business disciplines at ECU are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, which is synonymous with excellence in business education. Less than 6 per cent of the world’s schools offering business degree programs hold accreditation with AACSB International.
AcceleratedOur Master of Business Psychology comprises 10 units, so you can graduate in as little as 20 months.
100% OnlineThis accessible, flexible course is accelerated and 100 per cent online, so your study fits your busy schedule. Study one unit at a time over each seven-week study period and graduate sooner compared to traditional part-time study options.
What you will learn
Understand what drives human behaviour in the workplace
Explore what motivates people and groups. Promote health and wellbeing through psychological frameworks. Analyse key theories, principles and concepts in fields like social psychology and cognitive psychology.
Apply psychological theories to business
Take your knowledge of psychology into the world of business. Shape a positive workplace culture and leverage cognitive psychology theories to maximise performance. Leverage cognitive psychology theories and principles to maximise performance.
Empower people, teams and organisations
Use your expertise to help individuals and organisations succeed. Apply interventions and mechanisms for promoting healthy workplaces and employee wellbeing. Be able to develop talent and build careers while achieving organisational goals. Develop your skills in people analytics and change management practices.
Rankings and accreditations
2023 Good Universities GuideECU was rated five stars for Postgraduate Overall Experience.
2023 THE Subject RankingsECU has ranked in the top 250 universities in the world for Business and Economic studies.
AACSB International AccreditedThe Business disciplines at ECU are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
2022 AFR BOSS Best Business Schools list
ECU ranked as the #1 Business School for Quality.
Upon successfully completing the online Master of Business Psychology, you will have the skills and knowledge to succeed in a number of roles depending on your prior experience. These roles can include:
- Human Resources Advisor
- Behavioural Strategy Consultant
- Customer Research and Insights Specialist
- People & Culture Manager
- Organisational Development Specialist
- Career Coach
- Employee Experience Manager
- Strategy Consultant
- Organisational Change Specialist
- Leadership Coach
According to Glassdoor, the average salary of a Strategy Consultant in Australia is $100,000.
What you will study
The online Master of Business Psychology comprises eight core units and two electives.
Healthy Work and Wellbeing
- The unit explores workplace culture, mental health and work stressors, as well as positive workplace behaviour.
Managing and Rewarding Performance
- In this unit, students explore the processes involved in managing employee performance within an organisation from both an individual and team perspective.
- This unit develops students’ applied analytical skills and knowledge of digital Human Resource Management (HRM) systems in practice.
- This unit aims to build knowledge of change practices, and the capability to determine appropriate leadership actions in diverse contexts.
Psychological Science of Wellbeing
- In this unit students will apply psychological science to analysing and promoting psychological wellbeing within a biopsychosocial framework.
Psychological Sciences of Human Social Behaviour
- In this unit students will learn about core concepts in social psychology.
Psychological Science of Human Information Processing
- In this unit students will learn about core concepts, principles and theories of cognitive psychology.
Neuroscience and Human Behaviour
- In this unit students will learn about the biopsychological and physiological bases of human behaviours and contemporary methodologies for studying neurobiological functioning.
Acquiring and Managing Talent
- Students will critically evaluate the talent management paradigm, inclusive of the functions of recruitment and development, and how these generate high performance work environments.
Diversity and Inclusion
- This unit explores the principles and practices for cultivating a diverse, inclusive and innovative workplace.
- This unit introduces students to the stages of project management from initial project selection through to final closure.
Managing People and Organisations
- In this unit students are introduced to the fundamentals of management and different organisational processes in the context of the contemporary global business environment.
- This unit first acquaints students with contemporary theories and then unpacks a toolkit of practical skills for professional development across relevant topics.
Data Analytics and Organisational Decision Making
- This unit will develop and enhance students’ conceptual and practical understanding of big data and analytics in a business context.
Marketing for Leaders
- In this unit students will learn how marketing can achieve long-term relationships with customers by creating, delivering, communicating and capturing value in a targeted way.
- Managing People and Organisations
- Marketing for Leaders
- Financial Performance, Accountability and Risk
- Data Analytics and Organisational Decision Making
- Strategic Management and International Competitiveness
- Responsible Management
- Managing Change
- Transformative Leadership
- Business Innovation Project
To gain entry to the online Master of Business Psychology, applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a cognate discipline; OR
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years of relevant professional experience*.
- Students who possess the equivalent of a four-year, full-time, non-cognate undergraduate degree may also apply for this program. This includes graduates from four-year bachelor programs in education, nursing and engineering degrees, as well as those from these and other fields who may have completed an honours degree.
* Relevant professional experience constitutes five years of working in professional contexts underpinned by managing human and team behaviour, motivation and psychology. This includes (but is not limited to) those working in traditional business administration and consulting roles and extends also to those with experience working in healthcare, engineering, education, social and community services contexts.
Meet your Course Coordinator
Dr Andrei Lux
Dr Andrei Lux is a Lecturer in Leadership and Course Coordinator of Business Psychology, Management, International Business, and Human Resource Management at the School of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University (ECU).
Andrei’s research focuses on leadership and organisational behaviour, with interests in positive follower outcomes such as engagement and commitment, as well as cross-cultural issues such as cognition and values. His current projects are about authentic leadership and implicit leadership theory.
Fees and FEE-HELP
The cost of our Master of Business Psychology is $39,979* for all 10 units.
To assist with some or all of your tuition fees, FEE-HELP is available for eligible students. This government-supported loan scheme is designed to help eligible full-fee paying students pay their postgraduate tuition fees.
To find out if you are eligible for FEE-HELP, you can contact one of our Student Enrolment Advisors on 1300 707 760.
*2023 student fees are shown and are subject to change.
A Master of Business Psychology is a postgraduate degree that combines the science of human psychology with practical business application.
If you have a background in business or psychology and want to learn how to leverage psychology in the workplace, our Master of Business Psychology will help you reach your goals. Be prepared for a variety of roles in fields like human resource management, business development and strategy.
Our Master of Business Psychology comprises 10 units and can be completed in as little as 20 months part-time.
Our Master of Business Psychology has been developed by engaged academics, experienced psychologists and thought-leaders who are highly engaged with industry. ECU’s School of Business and Law is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), which is held by less than 6 per cent of the world’s schools offering business degree programs. ECU has also established the Strategic Research Centre for Work + Wellbeing, a research leader in the field of organisational studies on healthy work and wellbeing.