Fast-track your Master of Communication
If you are a communication professional with a relevant degree or current professional qualification (see entry requirements), you may be able to fast-track and complete the Master of Communication in only nine units.
Master of Communication (Fast-Track) pathways
Why study a Master of Communication with ECU Online?
Designed by industry leadersUnlock course content that’s been developed by academics and nationally recognised industry experts in the field of communication. Benefit from ECU’s leading research that impacts policy and industry practice in social media and online communication, public relations, identity and cultural diversity.
People and purpose drivenPurpose and two-way listening are at the heart of successful communications. Become equipped with a distinct set of techniques and strategies to innovate, influence and lead communication in your workplace. Apply social, responsible, inclusive and creative business communication principles to gain a competitive edge in your career.
Flexible, online delivery with ready-to-apply skillsCreate a relationship between your study and work and apply your learnings to your career immediately. Fit your study to your schedule with our 100% online, accelerated course, where you will focus on one unit at a time over each seven-week study period. Be supported and build connections through our immersive online learning system.
Rankings and accreditations
2023 Good Universities Guide
ECU was rated five stars for Postgraduate Overall Experience.
QS World University Rankings Top 150 under 50
ECU has been listed in the QS Top 150 under 50 rankings for 2020.
2022 THE Young University Rankings
ECU has again been ranked in the world's top 100 universities under 50 years old.
What you will learn
Influence through effective strategy
- Become a change agent in your workplace.
- Acquire future-proof ethical and socially responsible digital communication techniques that can be immediately transferred to your career and future roles.
- Explore creative communication skills that deliver campaign objectives in a way that is accessible, inclusive and relevant to professional audiences.
Future-focused, applied learning
- Develop future-proof communication skills designed for the contemporary workforce.
- Learn how to navigate, design and synthesise solutions to complex challenges in communication including digital media communication, crisis and reputation management.
- Apply social responsibility and sustainability frameworks to effectively communicate and meet the needs of stakeholders.
Align communications with organisational goals
- Whether working for yourself or as part of an organisation, build commercial acumen and develop your understanding of how to best use communication techniques as a tool to achieve business objectives.
Enhance professional credibility
- Become a communication specialist with a holistic approach to communication.
- Strengthen your understanding of communication techniques to research, plan, apply and defend communication solutions tailored to different audiences.
- Apply your new industry-relevant and sought-after skills through designing and executing a self-directed masters project.
Fees and FEE-HELP
The cost of our Master of Communication is $43,200* for all 12 units.
The cost of our Master of Communication (Fast-Track) is $32,400* for nine units.
To assist with some or all of your tuition fees, FEE-HELP is available for eligible students. This government-supported loan scheme is designed to help eligible full-fee paying students pay their postgraduate tuition fees.
To find out if you are eligible for FEE-HELP, you can contact one of our Student Enrolment Advisors on 1300 707 760.
*2024 student fees are shown and are subject to change.
A Master of Communication is a postgraduate degree that emphasises the development of your communication skills, including implementing communication strategies, best practices and techniques as well as gaining proficiency in communication techniques that promote and drive constructive transformation in the workplace through future-focused communication skills.
It is a great option for students who want to upskill or switch careers to make a positive impact as the Master of Communication can give you the skills you need to succeed in the fast-paced and ever-evolving business world.
Whether a Master of Communication is worth pursuing depends on your personal and professional goals. It’s important to consider:
The salary for a Master of Communication graduate in Australia varies depending on the specific job role, industry, years of experience and location.
According to Seek, the average salary for a Communications Manager with a master’s degree in Australia is around AU$125,000 per year, with the projected job growth in 5 years increasing by 4.4%.
A Master of Communication can prepare you for a wide range of job opportunities across various industries. Some job roles that you may consider, but are not limited to:
At ECU Online we understand that everyone has different work arrangements, family responsibilities, locations and learning styles. This is why our postgraduate courses are offered 100% online, so you can balance your study with other commitments. As an ECU Online student, you will have access to academic support as well as non-academic support.
Academic study support
Our accelerated online courses are developed by industry experts and engaged academics. You can easily connect with learning facilitators and course coordinators through our easy-to-use online learning environment to gain feedback and ask academic questions. You can also reach out to a Learning Advisor who can help with things like assessment writing, study skills and more.
Non-academic study support
You will have a dedicated Student Success Advisor available to you from when you start studying through to graduation. They will be available to provide non-academic support, such as assistance with scheduling time to study and more.
Additional support options
As an ECU online student, you also have access to all the support offered by ECU, both on-campus and online:
No, the Master of Communication is 100% online and does not include any on-campus components. We have designed this course to be flexible so you can tailor your studied to fit your lifestyle.