Who Should Study ECU’s Graduate Certificate of Business Psychology?
ECU’s Accelerated Online Graduate Certificate of Business Psychology is designed for students with a background in business or psychology who want to enhance their specialist skillset and leverage business psychology in the workplace.
Why Study a Graduate Certificate of Business Psychology with ECU Online?
Develop a specialist skillset
Build a future-focused, specialised expertise in business psychology and gain skills that you can apply in a variety of organisations.
Study with a top business school
The Business disciplines at ECU are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, which is synonymous with excellence in business education. Less than 6 per cent of the world’s schools offering business degree programs hold accreditation with AACSB International.
Pathway to a master’s degree
Upon successfully completing your graduate certificate, you can continue your studies to gain your Master of Business Psychology, expanding your skillset and giving you more insight into how you can improve workplaces and organisations through the lens of psychology.
Accelerated & 100% Online
Our Graduate Certificate of Business Psychology comprises four units, so you can graduate in as little as eight months. This accessible, flexible course is accelerated and 100 per cent online, so your study fits your busy schedule. Study one unit at a time over each seven-week study period and graduate sooner compared to traditional part-time study options.
Rankings and accreditations
2023 Good Universities Guide
ECU was rated five stars for Postgraduate Overall Experience.
2023 THE Subject Rankings
ECU has ranked in the top 250 universities in the world for Business and Economic studies.
AACSB International Accredited
The Business disciplines at ECU are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
2022 AFR BOSS Best Business Schools list
ECU ranked as the #1 Business School for Quality.
Understand what drives human behaviour in the workplace
Explore what motivates people and groups.
Apply psychological theories to business
Take your knowledge of psychology into the world of business.
Empower people, teams and organisations
Use your expertise to help individuals and organisations succeed.
Upon successfully completing the online Graduate Certificate of Business Psychology, you will have the skills and knowledge to succeed in a number of roles depending on your prior experience. These roles can include:
- Human Resources Consultant
- Behavioural Researcher
- People & Culture Coordinator
- Career Coach
- Employee Experience Specialist
According to Glassdoor, the average salary for an Employee Experience Specialist in Australia is $95,000.
What you will study
The online Graduate Certificate of Business Psychology comprises one core unit, two psychology electives and one business elective.
Healthy Work and Wellbeing
- The unit explores workplace culture, mental health and work stressors, as well as positive workplace behaviour.
Psychological Science of Wellbeing
- In this unit students will apply psychological science to analysing and promoting psychological wellbeing within a biopsychosocial framework.
Psychological Sciences of Human Social Behaviour
- In this unit students will learn about core concepts in social psychology.
Psychological Science of Human Information Processing
- In this unit students will learn about core concepts, principles, and theories of cognitive psychology.
Neuroscience and Human Behaviour
- In this unit students will learn about the biopsychological and physiological bases of human behaviours and contemporary methodologies for studying neurobiological functioning.
Acquiring and Managing Talent
- Students will critically evaluate the talent management paradigm, inclusive of the functions of recruitment and development, and how these generate high performance work environments.
Managing and Rewarding Performance
- In this unit, students explore the processes involved in managing employee performance within an organisation from both an individual and team perspective.
- Managing People and Organisations
- Marketing for Leaders
- Financial Performance, Accountability and Risk
- Data Analytics and Organisational Decision Making
- Strategic Management and International Competitiveness
- Responsible Management
- Managing Change
- Transformative Leadership
- Business Innovation Project
To gain entry to the online Graduate Certificate of Business Psychology, applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree in a cognate discipline; OR
- Where accepted, equivalent prior learning, including at least five years of relevant professional experience*.
- Students who possess the equivalent of a four-year, full-time, non-cognate undergraduate degree may also apply for this program. This includes graduates from four-year bachelor programs in education, nursing and engineering degrees, as well as those from these and other fields who may have completed an honours degree.
* Relevant professional experience constitutes five years of working in professional contexts underpinned by managing human and team behaviour, motivation and psychology. This includes (but is not limited to) those working in traditional business administration and consulting roles and extends also to those with experience working in healthcare, engineering, education, social and community services contexts.
Meet your Course Coordinator
Dr Andrei Lux
Dr Andrei Lux is a Lecturer in Leadership and Course Coordinator of Business Psychology, Management, International Business, and Human Resource Management at the School of Business and Law, Edith Cowan University (ECU).
Andrei’s research focuses on leadership and organisational behaviour, with interests in positive follower outcomes such as engagement and commitment, as well as cross-cultural issues such as cognition and values. His current projects are about authentic leadership and implicit leadership theory.
Fees and FEE-HELP
The cost of our Graduate Certificate of Business Psychology is $15,480* for all four units.
To assist with some or all of your tuition fees, FEE-HELP is available for eligible students. This government-supported loan scheme is designed to help eligible full-fee paying students pay their postgraduate tuition fees.
To find out if you are eligible for FEE-HELP, you can contact one of our Student Enrolment Advisors on 1300 707 760.
*2023 student fees are shown and are subject to change.